Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
City of Fort Worth Demolition Delay
Before the church located to the westen end of Downtown in 1930, the congregation's two previous homes were at 7th and Taylor and 4th and Jones. The building at 7th and Taylor was demolished many years ago, but the ruins of the church at 4th and Jones remains. When it was constructed, it was known as the Fourth Street Methodist Church.
This Gothic Revival church was designed by Fort Worth Architect Wiley G. Clarkson. Harry B. Friedman was the General Contractor. It was inspired by the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France. It features a triple portal entrance, uneven towers, and stained glass lancet windows. Over the years, major additions have been made to the original church building. Hahnfeld Associates of Fort Worth have been the architects on these additions.
The church is planning a major expansion. They have given this website permission to post some of the drawings and renderings.
Wiley G. Clarkson, Fort Worth
Harry B. Friedman, Fort Worth