This school was constructed in 1922 as the Hi Mount Elementary School for the Arlington Heights Independent School District. The architects for the building were Clarkson and Gaines and Harry B. Friedman was the contractor. Shortly after the school opened, the Arlington Heights School District was annexed by the Fort Worth Independent School District. After the FWISD opened North Hi Mount Elementary School in 1935 and South Hi Mount Elementary School in 1936, the school became informally known as the Thomas Place Elementary School. It only contained four classrooms and it was never expanded, yet it continued to be used as a school for many years after the other schools were constructed. In more recent years, the City of Fort Worth has operated a community center within the building. Over time, the windows have been filled in with brick.