The first phase of the building was constructed in 1948. It contained a small sanctuary that now serves as a chapel and a two story education wing with administrative offices to the north of the chapel. This building blended in with the original construction of the Ridglea Village Shopping Area. In 1958, a larger sanctuary was added to the east of the chapel. Preston M. Geren Associates were the architects and they chose a more Mid-Century Modern appearance for this addition. However, it still had a red clay tile roof to match the other Ridglea Buildings. At that time, the two buildings were each free standing. About 1965, the education building was expanded by connecting the two buildings on the north and this is the portion that currently faces Camp Bowie Blvd. In the early 1990's, a bell tower was added on the front of the sanctuary.