James Elliott was a contractor and the first documented owner of this site. It is believed that he constructed this small, one story building in 1926. The building is divided into six storefronts that are separated by brick piers. Above each storefront is a red Spanish tile roof. The original storefronts have been altered over the years. The early tenants included a barber shop, beauty shop, and cleaners. One tenant, The Original Mexican Eats Café has been in this building since around the time it was built and they have expanded from just one of the storefront bays into most of the building. This makes the restaurant the city's oldest dining establishment. The Camp Bowie Barber Shop is also a tenant.
Photograph provided by Rene Gomez.