North Hi Mount Elementary School was a Works Progress Administration project designed by Wyatt C. Hedrick. James T. Taylor was the contractor for the school. The styling of the building is a mix of Spanish and Mediterranean Revival design. The main part of the building is two stories with one story auditorium and cafeteria wings projecting forward. This creates a landscaped entry courtyard. The main entrance is noted by a slightly projecting Renaissance portico with a Missionesque parapet. The central window and entry door are surrounded by cast stone. The main parts of the building are buff brick with hipped and gabled roofs clad in red tile. The landscaping and stone terrace on the west side of the building were designed by Hare and Hare of Kansas City, Missouri. That firm designed most of the landscaping for the FWISD during the 1930's. North Hi Mount is one of the few schools in the Fort Worth district with its original windows still in place.