This church began inside an old, wooden hospital barracks for Camp Bowie in 1923. The church grew to the point that in 1929, an education building was constructed on the northeast corner of the same site. The education building is a buff brick building with cast stone trim. The styling of it is Tudor Revival and is two stories on top of a high basement. It has several cross gables and gabled dormers to break up the facade. In 1951, the current sanctuary and bell tower was constructed along with the west education building. Birch D. Easterwood was the architect for the sanctuary and it was constructed by James T. Taylor & Sons. The architectural style of the sanctuary is Gothic Revival and Moderne styles. In 1982, the west education building was nearly destroyed by fire, but later rebuilt. As workers were completing the rebuilding of the west education building in 1987, fire broke out in the sanctuary. It was nearly destroyed, but rebuilt with its first service held in 1989. The spire on the church is 104 feet high.