In June of 1924, contractor Thos. S. Byrne began construction of Worth Mills at this location. It was the city's first cotton textile mill and it was built by a combination of local and New England interests. The mill produced cotton cord tire fabric and was billed as the "largest auto tire fabric mill in the South." Worth Mills went out of business by 1944 and several other textile mills used the facility until 1949. From 1952 until 1973, the building was owned by Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Co. During that time period, men's work clothes were made. From 1974 until 2003, Tandy Wire and Cable used the facility for manufacturing. In early 2005, the building was sold to G.A.S. International, and was recently used for their operations. In 2014, the building was converted into a self-storage facility, and is now part of the All Storage chain.
The building sits on a portion of the Texas Motor Car Association parcel, just south of Belt Junction. It is three stories of red brick and red mortar with 3 story arches framing rectangular windows. The windows on the east side have been enclosed with a contrasting color of brick and the office area brick has been painted. A one story addition was constructed at an unknown time to the south of the main structure.