This church site was purchased by the congregation in 1925, but the sanctuary was not constructed until 1952. Before the sanctuary was constructed, the church was housed in several wood framed buildings on the site. The architectural style of the church is Gothic Revival and was designed by one of it's members, Architect Joseph J. Patterson. Patterson was a principal in the firm of Wilson, Patterson, Sowden, Dunlap, and Epperly. An education wing was added in 1966 that was similar in style and materials to the original building. The site is arranged such that there is an interior cloister within the complex. The buildings use multi-colored brick with sandstone and cast stone trim. This is one of the most interesting church complexes within the city.