Architecture in Fort Worth

Forest Park Gates 

2300 Park Place - 1918 (CFW)

 

Fort Worth architect John Pollard designed this pair of stone towers under the direction of the City of Fort Worth.  The gates marked the entrance to Forest Park.  They were built by the Bryce Building Company.  The towers are constructed out of rubble limestone with slightly tapering walls.  They are each square in plan with a red clay tile hipped roof.  The roof overhangs the towers quite some distance and the eaves are supported by brackets.  The second floor features three arched openings and balconies on all four sides.  The walkways on the ground level pierce the towers with one central arch.  The gates were restored in 1980 by the Berkeley Place Neighborhood Association.