This is one of the few examples of a high rise apartment building constructed in Fort Worth in the 1920's. Construction on the building began in 1927, but was stopped during after the stock market crash in 1929. The building finally opened in 1930. Originally known as the Forest Park Apartments, it was renamed the Forest Park Tower in 2010. The building has a steel frame and is clad in brown brick and cast stone trim. Twin octagonal towers sit on the top of a slightly projecting entrance bay. The structure was developed by Humphrey and Churchill of Dallas. The building architect was Verne E. Shanklin, also of Dallas. Former residents included Ben Hogan and General John Hulen. At 12 stories, the apartment building has a commanding presence over Forest Park and the South Side. The building has a basement and covered, underground parking. There are three apartments on each floor: a one bedroom, a two bedroom, and a three bedroom with one of each on every floor. This gives the building a total of 36 apartments. The owners are converting the units over to condominiums. Each unit features original wood flooring and tile in the bathrooms. The structure is "T" shaped, which offers each unit views in three directions. It is located just 1/2 block to the west of the entrance gates to Forest Park and the units offer beautiful views of the park, the Trinity River, the South Side and Downtown.