This station was one of about 10 bungalow fire stations constructed by the City of Fort Worth between 1922 and 1923. The design of these stations allowed them to blend into the neighborhoods in which they were constructed. The architect for the station was Charles F. Allen. The roof was a hipped roof design with red tile. The front porch is arched and features cast stone trim. The fire department vacated the building in 1965 and it has been used over the years as business offices. In 2004, the Art Station opened up in the restored building. The Art Station is a nonprofit organization offering individual and group art therapy and community programs to children and adults.