1425 8th Avenue
In 1928, the College Avenue Presbyterian Church had outgrown its site nearer downtown and decided to relocate to the corner of Myrtle and 8th Avenue. Due to lack of funds, only the basement of the current structure was built at that time. The Depression and World War II delayed construction of the main sanctuary, but the church did make some modest expansions over the years. In 1948, the congregation finally built the sanctuary above the basement. In 1959, the church purchased new property and moved out of this building. In 1961, it was sold and became the 8th Avenue Baptist Temple. From the late 1980's until 1997, it was the home of Girls, Inc. In 1998, the church was purchased by Hahnfeld Associates, Architects and was renovated for their offices. Since moving in the building, Hahnfeld has changed its name to Hahnfeld, Hoffer, Stanford Architects. The Fort Worth Chapter of the American Institute of Architects also has their offices in the building.
Photographs courtesy of Hahnfeld, Hoffer, Stanford Architects.