In 1904, Colonel Thomas M. Thannisch, built a wood frame two story hotel on this site called the Stock Yards Club. In 1906-07, he hired contractor C.E. Brown to build a three story brick addition to the hotel on the east side. The architect for the addition is not known. Six years later, Thannisch hired architects E. Stanley Field and Wiley G. Clarkson to design another addition to the hotel that was built on the site of the original building. The three story addition matched the brick building in appearance. Once completed, the brick hotel structure contained 86 rooms and several ground floor retail spaces. Over the years, the hotel has operated under several names, and up until 1949, was called the Stock Yards Hotel. The building features interesting brick patterns with a stepped parapet and cast stone trim. The name of the building in the cornice on both Main Street and Exchange Avenue is inscribed with "Thannisch Bldg." In 1984, the hotel was restored and renamed back to the Stock Yards Hotel. It now has 52 rooms and suites. Hunter Bros. H3 Ranch Steak House occupies the ground floor corner lease space.