Oakwood Cemetery Chapel
800 Grand Ave. - 1912 (RTHL)
In 1912, a group of Fort Worth women raised money to construct a chapel on the grounds of Oakwood Cemetery. Architects Marion Waller and E. Stanley Field (Waller and Field Architects) were hired to design the chapel. The Gothic Revival chapel is a cruciform plan and has stained glass windows with gothic detailing. The building is clad in yellow brick and had cast stone detailing with cast stone parapet and buttress caps. J.W. McPherson was the General Contractor and Joe Caulker was the brick mason for the project. The chapel sits just inside the main gates of the cemetery at Gould and Grand Avenue.