100 E. Exchange Av. - c.1906; 1931
For many years, this building housed the Maverick Hotel. Over the years the ground floor has been occupied by a barber, shoemaker, liquor store, and a bar. Currently Maverick Western Wear occupies the ground floor. It was constructed around 1906 and the architect is unknown. However; in 1931, Architect Herman G. Cox designed a new facade for the Exchange Avenue side of the building. The newer facade is clad in buff brick and cast stone trim. The remainder of the building, including the N. Main Street side has remained in red brick with arched windows. Thomas Williams was the contractor for the 1931 remodel. Over the years awnings, canopies, and sidewalks have been redone and altered.