Los Vaqueros Restaurant
2629 N. Main St. - c.1915 (NR)
This structure was originally constructed as a slaughterhouse by Dominick Hart, but was never used as such. Mr. Hart was never able to begin packinghouse operations. For most of its history, it has been used as a barn or a warehouse. It has also been used as a refrigeration company. For many years, the building sat vacant with its second floor roof removed. The building is fairly unusual in that it is "L" shaped. In 1995, the Cisneros family began renovating and restoring the building for a restaurant. Los Vaqueros Restaurant opened in 1996.