J.P. Elder Middle School
709 NW 21st St. - 1927; 2003 (CFW)
North Side Junior High School opened in 1927, just to the north of the North Fort Worth High School (1918), and across the street from the Circle Park Elementary School (1908; demolished). It was designed by Fort Worth Architect Wiley G. Clarkson and it was constructed by Butcher and Sweeney. The building is three stories with polychrome brown brick. The main facade is symmetrical and features a central and projecting entrance element. The elements of the entrance reflect a Tudor styling that is carried throughout the front facade of the building. Unfortunately, the windows have been partially infilled, typical of many of the FWISD historic school buildings. In 1935, the school was renamed for John Peyton Elder, who was a superintendent of Swift & Co. Elder also served on the Board of Education and the Fort Worth City Council.