In 1908, the Fort Worth Stock Yards Co. constructed this coliseum to house the Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show. Its construction was financed in part by the Swift and Armour meat companies. Architect Berkley Brandt designed the building with Texas Building Co. of Fort Worth serving as the General Contractor. The Coliseum served as the site of the first indoor rodeo in 1917. The building is rectangular in plan and is constructed of brick covered by natural gray stucco. The structure has a Mission Revival Style and features a one story arcade across the front. The north and south facades feature one large arched window. Below this window is the word "Coliseum" and the year "1908" in stucco relief. These walls are also adorned with Mission Style parapets. The east and west walls feature rectangular and arched windows. Buttresses adorn these walls, as well. A glazed monitor roof extending the length of the interior provides natural light to the arena. The building was restored in 1986 by the City of Fort Worth.