Architecture in Fort Worth

Cody Building 

221-25 W. Exchange Ave. - c.1910 (NRHD, CFWHD, DD)

Formerly:
Hereford Hotel
Hotel Brown
Cody House
 

This three story hotel was originally built as the Cody House with William Cody, as the proprietor. A variety of hotels have operated in the building over the years. The building features a facade of yellow brick with segmented arched windows on the second and third floors. The window sills are in cast stone courses, dividing the facades by floors. The west side of the ground floor features two round windows to the rear of the storefront along N. Houston Street. In 1986, the building was restored and converted into office use. Rodeo Exchange Night Club and Dancehall is the ground floor tenant.