The Azle Theater was constructed by Henry E. Fulgham in 1941. Fulgham owned the Ideal Theater Company. The Moderne styling of the theater originally featured a red, black, and cream color scheme. Unfortunately, the building has been painted entirely one color. The building's materials featured brick walls covered by stucco on the front facade. Several bands grace the facade, which were probably painted the varied colors of the original color scheme. Curving stucco walls with glass block windows highlight the ticket booth and entry. The original neon "Azle" sign, oriented at the corner of the theater and on an angle with the building, is still intact. When it originally opened, it had a seating capacity of 800, but it was converted into a skating rink in 1971. In 1977, it became a church, but since has become vacant.