One of the nicest features of this building is the corbelled brick cornice present on the street facades. It was constructed around 1909 and originally housed the Stock Yards Branch of the U.S. Post Office. The upper level was a boarding house. Occupants of later years were the E.F. Melton Grocery, the Exchange Hotel, and Pearl's Hotel. The building was renovated in 1981. The current tenant is Pearl's Dance Hall & Saloon.