This wood framed and sided church building was constructed around 1920 by the Baptist General Convention of Texas to house the Slavic Congregation of the Clinton Avenue Baptist Church. It was changed to the Russion Polish Baptist Church in the 1940s. In more recent times, it became the First Mexican Baptist Church, and later, it served as a community center. It also was a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints congregation at one time. The building is a simple rectangle in plan with a gabled entrance. However, the windows have been altered in both size and configuration. At the current time, it appears this former church is now a private residence. Photograph provided by B.F. Maupin.