This church was the fourth Catholic Parish in the city and dates back to this site to 1909. The original church was destroyed by fire in 1922. The current building was designed by Sanguinet, Staats, & Hedrick. It was designed in the Romanesque Revival style and it was constructed in 1924. The building is built with red brick and cast stone trim. The most notable feature of the facade is the corner bell tower, which is much taller than the church. The two story stained glass windows were restored in 2012.
A parochial school building was added behind the church in 1946, and a two story rectory was built in 1951 facing Magnolia Avenue.