In 1916, rancher Fountain Goodlet Oxsheer, Sr. (1849-1931) commissioned the architectural firm of William Reed & Sons to design this residence on Pennsylvania Avenue. Butcher & Sweeney were the contractors on the home. The two story brick house has a red tile, hipped roof with a porch and terrace. The balustrade is made from cast stone. This is one of the few remaining grand homes left along the street. Oxsheer played an important role in the cattle industry in Texas. He was a native Texan, and he settled in Fort Worth in 1895. Although, he owned at least eleven ranches totaling nearly one million acres. He was a pioneer in breeding of cattle. He was among the first to breed registered Herefords and shorthorns with Texas Longhorns. He was inducted into the Hall of Cattle Kings of Texas at the 1936 Texas Centennial, shortly after his death.