In 1899, the Fort Worth Macaroni Co. was founded by Louis Bicocchi and Giovanni Laneri. Both of these men were early South Side businessmen. Bicocchi constructed his retail building at 213 South Jennings in 1909 and Laneri lived a few blocks down the street at 902 S. Jennings. In 1905, Fort Worth Macaroni either purchased or constructed this brick building on Maryland that is also now located on the South Freeway. The building is a three story structure with segmental arched windows on the top floor. An masonry addition was constructed at some point to the north. The addition has rectangular windows, but has since been covered with siding. The complex and the addition form a triangular shaped building formed by railroad tracks on the rear. In 1959, the name of the company was changed to O.B. Macaroni Co. for "Our Best", their brand name for their pasta products. Four generations of the Laneri family have operated the business since its founding.
Historic Photographs from the Jack White Collection, University of Texas at Arlington:
O.B. Macaroni Co. Factory