The street frontage of Magnolia Avenue between Hemphill and Travis is a collection of buildings constructed in the 1920's. The west building, which actually sits in the middle of the block, was constructed in the early 1920's for the W.B. LaCava Clothes Cleaning business. In 1927, Mr. LaCava constructed the Modern Drug building on the corner of Magnolia and Hemphill. Shortly thereafter, other additions were made to the complex. The buildings are very typical commercial structures from the 1920's. Modern Drug operated at the site until the 1990's. At that time Daedalus Development purchased the complex and converted the building into retail on the ground floor and loft apartments on the 2nd floor. Southside Bank and a barber shop are located on the ground floor. There is additional retail space available.