The origins of this school date back to 1894 as the Southside Colored School. In 1917, a three story building, designed by Sanguinet & Staats, was constructed on the southeast corner of West Rosedale and Lousiana Ave. The building was demolished in 1986. A second building was added to the campus in 1927. It was designed by Wiley G. Clarkson, this bulding faces West Rosedale. A third building, facing Louisiana Ave., now the South Freeway was built in 1937. That building was designed by Elmer G. Withers Architectural Company. In 1953, a gymnasium building was added on the western side of the campus. The Guinn School was closed by the Fort Worth Independent School District in 1980, and was purchased by the City of Fort Worth. In 2003, the 1937 building was converted into the Business Assistance Center.