Architecture in Fort Worth

Fire Station No. 8

1101 12th Ave. - 2006

 

Komatsu Architecture of Fort Worth designed this 12,500 square foot station as a replacement for the older Fire Station No. 8, which was demolished to expand Rosedale Street. The station houses three companies of fire fighters. The building is constructed out of stone, brick, and stucco with a red metal roof. The building is also trimmed in cast stone. The most notable feature of the building is the large tower on the northwest corner of the station. On the site, a public art project called, "United We Stand" has 12 pairs of boots cast in bronze, but are painted to make them look more realistic.