Architecture in Fort Worth

Fire Station No. 5

503 Bryan St. - 1911 (NR, FWHSE)

 

This two story fire station is one of three stations designed by Sanguinet & Staats.   The front facade features two overhead doors with the entry door situated between them.  A cast stone panel above the entry door identifies the building.  On the second floor, the windows are connected by a projecting cast stone sill and a projecting brick band.  This band also features corbelled brick as it projects outward.  The undulating parapet features a rounded top in the center of the front facade with an inset cast stone panel in which the date of the building is inscribed.  The station closed in 1965 and was used for a number of years as a city storage building.  It was later sold and was used as storage by a printing company.   In 1997, it was purchased by Higginbotham Audio-Visual and was restored and adapted by Daedalus Development Corp.  In 2013, Treyark Black-eyed Vodka opened a distillery inside the structure.  The building is designated as a City of Fort Worth Highly Significant Endangered Landmark, the city's highest level of designation.