Around 1910, Henry E. Sawyer constructed this building for expansion of his grocery store inside the Sawyer Building, located next door. Sawyer closed his grocery business in the early 1920's. The upper floors of this building contained apartments and at one time were rented out as furnished rooms along with the adjoining property. Like its neighbor, the ground floor storefront was bricked in at some point in time. The building is constructed of buff brick and features a decorative parapet. At the current time, this building and its neighbor are vacant, but plans are in the works to restore both structures. The restoration work is scheduled to start in late 2005 and the buildings will be marketed for commercial and office space.