Our Mother of Mercy Catholic Church constructed a four room school on the northeast corner of Verbena St. and Missouri Ave. in 1931. The building was in use as a school until 1958. Afterwards, the building housed a day care center untill 1975. It was purchased by the City of Fort Worth for integration into the Shamblee Branch Library. The school building constructed of a red brick story on top of a concrete basement level. It is flat roofed with triangular pediments over central arched entries.
The main portion of the library was built in 2008, and designed by Dennehy Architects of Fort Worth. It is constructed of red brick, similar in color to the church school. The window pattern on the addition features square windows on the south side, random rectangular windows on the east side, and round windows in other parts of the building. The main entry has a sloped standing seam metal roof with aluminum storefront.