Brothers W.T. and George Reynolds built this building in 1903 to house the operations of the Reynolds Land and Cattle Company. The building is five stories tall. In 1950, Century Life purchased the building and moved their headquarters into it. At that time, all of the ornamentation on the building was removed and the brick was covered in stucco. At this time, neon rooftop signs were installed on the building on the north, west, and south sides. In addition to this, a neon lighthouse occupied the corner of the roof at 8th and Houston. After Century Life moved out, the building was renamed One Century Plaza, and that has now been shortened. Interiors of the building have been updated, but the exterior still has the remodeled facade. Four Star Café, and Diana Raulston, D.D.S. are two tenants on the ground floor.
Historic Photographs from the Jack White Collection
Century Life and Reynolds Building