Architecture in Fort Worth

University Park Village

1612 S. University Drive - 1984; 1995

 

The first phase of this shopping center opened in 1984 on the current northeast portion of the site.  It is a fairly plain strip center in the shape of an "L" with a dog-leg.  The largest lease space, located on the inside corner features a hipped roof with an arched window extending into the roofline from the center of the facade.  Chili's Grill & Bar is an original tenant in this part of the center.  The second phase of the center forms a "U" around a large parking lot located in the center.  This addition was designed by Hodges Associates from Dallas.  When this addition was completed in 1995, the center became more upscale.  Fort Worth's only Apple store is located here.  Other retail tenants include Ann Taylor, Anthropologie, Banana Republic, Chico's, Coldwater Creek, Gap/Gap Kids, J.Crew, Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Nine West, Origins, Pottery Barn, Soma Intimates, Talbots, Victoria's Secret, White House/Black Market, and Williams-Sonoma.  In addition to Chili's, the center features several other restaurants.  They are: Blue Mesa Grill, McKinley's Fine Bakery & Café, Pacific Table, and Starbucks